In This Section
- Adrienne Maree: The Luscious Satyagraha
- Aurora Levins Morales
- Can't Stop Won't Stop
- Davey D's Hip Hop Corner
- Digital Smoke Signals
- Edge of Sports
- El Grito
- Free Press
- Imagine 2050
- Institute for Public Accuracy
- Jack and Jill Politics
- Jobs with Justice Blog
- Katrina Information Network
- Media Matters
- Organizing Upgrade
- PR Watch
- PTP Reverb
- The Huffington Post
- WIMN'S Voices
- Wired Latinos
Audio & Video
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 items.
- LISTEN: "Race, Immigration, and the Fight for an Open Internet," National Radio Project
The National Radio Project features CMJ's Malkia Cyril, MAG-Net's Eloise Rose-Lee, and others on open Internet protections and communities of color.
- WATCH: Malkia Cyril at the Media Justice Fund Awards
Executive Director Malkia Cyril talks about media justice at the 2008 Funding Exchange's Media Justice Fund Awards, at the National Conference on Media Reform in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- WATCH: Broadband Adoption in Low-Income Communities
Dharma Dailey and Amelia Bryne discuss understanding barriers to broadband adoption. Challenges include price, skill and language barriers as well as challenges of communities in providing broadband access for those without it at home.
- WATCH: Net Neutrality on GritTV
An informative segment on Net Neutrality and the importance of keeping the Internet open, featuring CMJ Communications Strategist Karlos Gauna Schmieder and others.
- WATCH Open Internet
This video outlines the importance of keeping the Internet open and under public, not corporate control. Features CMJ Executive Director Malkia Cyril.
- WATCH: Join the Media Action Grassroots Network Chapter in Minnesota
MAG-Net members, including Twin Cities Community Voice Mail, Organizing Apprenticeship Project, People Escaping Poverty Project and MN Center for Neighborhood Organizing, talk about media justice in Minnesota.
- WATCH: Steven Renderos on CMJ's Media Justice Leadership Institute
Steven Renderos talks about the impact of the Media Justice Leadership Institute.
- WATCH: "White House Environmental Adviser Van Jones Resigns Citing 'Vicious Smear Campaign Against Me,' ” Democracy Now, September 8, 2009
Democracy Now's segment on Van Jones' resignation, Glenn Beck's role, and the Obama administration's response, featuring Center for Media Justice Executive Director Malkia Cyril along with Color of Change co-founder James Rucker and NAACP President Benjamin Jealous.
- WATCH: Clear Channel Protest
Video footage from CMJ's campaign to unplug Clear Channel.
- LISTEN: Cultural Organizer Taishi Duchicela on KPOO-FM 89.5
Cultural organizer Taishi Duchicela discusses the Campaign to Unplug Clear Channel with Bill Hodges of KPOO San Francisco.
- LISTEN: Is There Liberation After Hip-Hop?
CMJ Executive Director Malkia Cyril, Jeff Chang, Rosa Clemente, and others, speak on the challenges and opportunities hip-hop activism presents. Moderated by Davey D of Hard Knock Radio (94.1 FM KPFA) and produced as part of the Total Chaos Hip-Hop Forum Series.
- LISTEN: "Access & Accountability," National Radio Project
Examining the media justice organizing model, and the grassroots efforts to make media more accountable.
- LISTEN: "Unplugging a Media Giant," National Radio Project
A look at how Clear Channel came to be the largest radio owner in North America, featuring Malkia Cyril, Rosa Clemente, Jeff Perlstein, Graciela Sanchez, and more.
- LISTEN: 2005 Free Press Conference Opening Plenary
Free Press' Media Reform Conference opening plenary (2005) featuring John Nicols, Janine Jackson, Malkia Cyril, Amy Goodman, and more.
- LISTEN: Malkia Cyril Speaks Out About Clear Channel at Oakland Townhall, Breakdown FM with Davey D
Malkia Cyril on Breakdown FM speaking in support of media that serves its local audience.
#Oakland Voices: A Town Hall on Our Right to Communicate was a huge success! Want to watch the full event? We’ve got you covered.
Join Our Action NetworkSign Up Now
#Oakland Voices: A Town Hall on Our Right to Communicate was a huge success! Want to watch the full event? We've got you covered.